Ⅰ. Basic information
- The controller of the User’s personal data processed for the purpose of the User’s use of the Website is Scythe Studio spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with the seat in Zielonka, ul. Brzozy-Brzeziny 13, 05-220 Zielonka, NIP 1251708814, KRS 0000855688.
- In connection with the User’s use of the Website, the Controller processes personal data to the extent necessary to provide the services and information about the User’s activity on the Website.
- Personal data processed by the Controller in connection with the User’s use of the Website may include IP address, email address or other identifiers and information collected using cookies and other tools.
- GDPR: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC;
- Website: the website operated by the Controller at the web address https://scythe-studio.com, including pages;
- User: any natural person visiting or using the Website.
ⅠI. Purposes of data processing
- In connection with the provision of the Website by the Content Controller, personal data is processed by the Controller:
- In order to make the Website available to the User: the legal basis of the processing is the necessity of the processing for the performance of the contract (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- For analytical purposes: the legal basis for processing is the User’s consent to the use of optional cookies (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR);
- For advertising purposes: the legal basis for processing is the User’s consent to the use of optional cookies (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
- In connection with the User directing email to the Controller, the personal data in the email is processed solely for the purpose of communication and resolution of the matter to which the correspondence relates: the legal basis for the processing is the Controller’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR) in correspondence with the User.
- In connection with the User’s subscription to the newsletter, the personal data provided for this purpose will be processed for the purposes of sending the newsletter: the legal basis is the legitimate interest pursued by the controller (Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27.04.2016 on the protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
Ⅲ. Types of cookies
- The cookies used on the Website are in the following categories:
|The necessary cookies are installed in order to provide the User with access to the Website and its basic functions, therefore they do not require the User’s consent. Without the necessary cookies, the Controller would not be able to provide the User with the services on the Website.
|1) Analytical: make it possible to check the number of visits and sources of traffic on the Website. They help identify which pages are more or less popular and understand how users navigate the Website. This allows the Controller to improve the performance of the Website;
2)Advertising: these are used to deliver advertisements according to the User’s interests and preferences. A profile of the User’s interests is built on the basis of information from these files and activity on other sites.
- The cookies used on the Website are stored in accordance with the information below:
|Some cookies are temporary files, stored until the time of logging out, leaving the site or switching off the web browser. These types of cookies help to analyse web traffic, enable identification and resolution of technical problems and make it easier to navigate the Website.
|“Permanent” Cookies are stored for the time specified in their parameters or until they are deleted by the User. They help the Controller to remember the User’s settings and preferences in order to make the next visit more convenient or to provide tailored content.
- When using the Website, the User may receive cookies from third parties that cooperate with the Controller: analytics providers and advertising partners.
- The Website uses services and tools from third parties collaborating with the Controller, in particular to the extent related to the provision of services available through the Website and to analytics, advertising (including interest-based), remarketing, measurement of the results of advertising campaigns. The Controller uses:
- Google Tag Manager: a service provided by Google Ireland Limited (Ireland) for the purposes of Google Analytics and the integration of additional marketing services. The exclusive use of Google Tag Manager does not involve the collection of personal data. This tool allows tags to operate, which may collect data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not use this data. If the storage option has been deactivated at domain or cookie level, this will apply to all tracking tags implemented through Google Tag Manager. More information on the Google Tag Manager tool can be found at: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
- Google Ads: a service provided by Google Ireland Limited (Ireland) allowing our services to be presented within Google’s search engine and on sites that are part of Google’s advertising network. When a user types in certain search terms, our ads may be displayed to the user correlated to the search term. As part of Google Ads, the Controller has the ability to analyse advertisements published on Google websites, which allows better matching of the Controller’s offer. When you click on a banner ad published by Google, cookies are stored on your device. More information on the Google Ads tool can be found at: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/54818?hl=en-GB
- Google Analytics: a service provided by Google Ireland Limited (Ireland) to analyse traffic on the Website and browsing activity. The service is used in particular for statistical purposes to see how often individual pages are visited. We also use the data to optimise and develop the Service. More information about the Google Analytics tool can be found at: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
- Google reCAPTCHA: a service provided by Google Ireland Limited (Ireland) to recognise artificial traffic to websites and to protect against, among other things, activities undertaken by web robots. The solution consists of a request to perform a test to confirm that the User is a human and not a computer;
- MailChimp: a service provided by The Rocket Science Group (USA) for the organisation and mailing out of a newsletter prepared by the Controller;
- Zoho SalesIQ: a service provided by Zoho Corporation B.V. for the purpose of monitoring User’s traffic on the Site, which allows, inter alia, to associate User’s presence on the Site with an enquiry sent via a contact form. For more information on the Zoho SalesIQ tool, visit: https://www.zoho.com/salesiq/terms.html
Ⅳ. Changing cookie settings
- The Website uses a consent management platform to make it easier for the User to manage their cookie preferences and other tools.
- The User can change their cookie settings via the platform referred to in paragraph 1, including:
- Giving and withdrawing consent to the use of optional cookies;
- Changing previously selected settings.
- The User can check in the browser which cookies are installed on the device and delete them individually or all at once.
- Google Chrome browser: Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Content settings > Cookies > All cookies and page data (select one of the options).
- Apple Safari browser: Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and site data (select one of the options).
- Internet Explorer browser: Internet Explorer browser: Tools > Security > Delete browsing history > Cookies and website data > Delete
- Mozilla Firefox browser: Tools > Options > Privacy and security > History > Delete individual cookies.
Ⅴ. User’s rights
- The User has the right to request the Controller to access, rectify, erase or restrict processing of their personal data, the right to object to processing, and the right to data portability.
- Where the legal basis for the processing of personal data is consent, the User has the right to declare the withdrawal of any consent given at any time by contacting the Controller by email. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- The User has the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Data Protection Authority.
Ⅵ. Processing period
- In the case of Cookies, personal data will be processed in accordance with the retention period of the relevant cookie (see III.2 of this policy).
- If the newsletter is used, personal data will be processed for the duration of newsletter subscription.
- In the case of personal data other than stated in paragraphs 1–2 above, the processing will cover the period necessary to establish, assert or defend claims.
Ⅶ. Recipients of data and processing outside the EEA
- In connection with the implementation of the use of the Website, the User’s personal data will be disclosed to external entities, in particular IT service providers, including Google Ireland Ltd.
- The Controller may transfer personal data outside the EEA, in particular to The Rocket Science Group, based in Atlanta, which operates the MailChimp application used to send the newsletter. The data is transferred on the basis of standard contractual clauses forming part of the outsourcing agreement with the said entity.
- The Controller transfers personal data outside the EEA only when necessary, ensuring an adequate level of protection, primarily by:
- Cooperation with processors of Personal Data in the countries for which a relevant decision of the European Commission has been issued as to whether an adequate level of protection of Personal Data is ensured;
- The use of standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission.
The stated security features are made available at the Controller’s site.
- Contact us with any concerns or questions on matters concerning the protection of your data, including personal data, at:
- This policy shall be reviewed on an ongoing basis and updated unilaterally by the Controller if necessary, without the need for an addendum.
- The current version of this policy has been adopted and is effective from 19.06.2023