How can you help me with my project?
- Scythe Studio provides extensive Qt QML development services. You can outsource entire project and leave managing development process to us, contract team orchestrated by our managers or manage developers on your own by going with body leasing.
- We also provide consulting, architectural, design and training services.
Is quote for a project free of charge?
- Scythe Studio provides free quote for every project with defined scope. If you need support with specifying scope of the project we also host workshops for creating wireframes, defining use cases or tech stack for your project.
What platforms does Qt framework support?
- Qt framework supports desktop platforms like Windows, macOS and Linux, mobile platforms including Android and iOS, deployment to web using WebAssembly as well as multiple embedded platforms like QNX, FreeRTOS, embedded Linux and even bare metal.
Is Qt framework free?
- All Qt essentials (Qt Core, Qt Quick, Qt QML, Qt Widgets, etc.) are available under free open source licenses (LGPL and GPL). As long as your project complies to the open source licenses obligations you can use Qt under those free licenses. For more info visit our Qt licensing page.
What are the benefits of using Qt?
- With Qt you can create cross-platform applications with a single code-base. It means that with one source code you can deploy to various platforms like desktop, mobile or embedded.
- Thanks to logic based on C++ the applications created using Qt framework have outstanding performance and efficiency.
- Qt Quick module and Qt Modeling Language (QML) allow to create rich and eye catching graphical user interfaces without loosing performance thanks to integration with C++ based business logic.
- Qt is a mature and stable solution that is on the market for years.
Is Qt based on C++?
- Yes, Qt is a C++ framework, however it also introduces Qt Modeling Language which is a declarative language used for implementing GUI. As QML itself is created on C++ it still allows you to implement various elements of the graphical interface using C++ APIs.
- Qt also provides bindings for other languages like PySide introducing Qt to Python.
What is QML?
- Qt Modeling Language is a declarative language used together with Qt Quick module to implement graphical interfaces. It provides deep integration with C++ allowing to separate business logic from UI and leverage famous efficiency of this modern and widely adopted programming language.
What is the difference between agile and waterfall development?
- Agile is a methodology which focus on flexibility. Work is performed in iterations called sprints. It allows for the requirements and scope to evolve during the project.
- Waterfall is a methodology focused on clear vision and planning the whole development process before starting it. It provides a detailed plan of implementation but lacks flexibility which can be crucial for many projects.
- Learn more about available approaches to develop software with Scythe Studio on "How we work" page.